*****Fall 2021 2nd Year Placement******* Thresholds

*****Fall 2021 2nd Year Placement******* Thresholds

by Larry Lesure -
Number of replies: 0

Starting in August, we will have 3 openings with our Young Adult Program (YAP) at their residential program in Lincoln Square. We are already interviewing because background checks take longer when students are working with youth. Other than this, we use the same Thresholds application process for this program, but the extra criteria are:

• On site, face-to-face work is required - with appropriate social distancing precautions. We also work hard to arrange vaccination opportunities for interested students since all of our interns are 'essential workers'
  • 2nd year masters students or doctoral students with prior field experience ONLY - this is due to the high acuity of the clientele and the more advanced nature of the student's therapeutic responsibilities
  • Advanced skills preferred - this program offers more opportunities when it comes to facilitating groups and carrying a caseload for individual therapy. An interest in DBT work is preferred.
  • Placement MUST begin in July/August 2021 and students MUST continue working through August 2022 - students must be actively enrolled in their academic program the entire time they are training (for liability purposes and to ensure university support)
  • Students must be prepared to work through academic breaks - this is due to the program's unique contracts with the State, and the student's integral role with running consistent, structured sessions/groups. We will ensure the student has appropriate clinical supervision.
I realize this is a big ask for some students, but I do want to highlight the very high quality training that YAP Residential offers. Their students receive some very special, extra training and opportunities that our other sites cannot offer. Kassie and her team provide excellent supervision and support, so I know your students will be in good hands.